Tentacle Treat

The last thing I expected to see was……. A squid tentacle in my sandwich.
Last Monday I overslept. As a result, I missed the school bus and had to walk to school without breakfast. By lunch time, I was famished. The delicious aroma wafting from the tuckshop made me salivate uncontrollably and I swear the whole class heard my stomach rumble! I could have fainted if the lunch bell had not rung.
I dashed to the tuckshop as fast as lighting, hoping to be the first in the queue, but it was already a mile long. When it was finally my turn, I blindly grabbed a sandwich closest to me and took a savage bite as I tossed the money over the counter to pay for it.
When I finally sat down with my friends a minute later, my sandwich was nearly all gone. At that moment, I decided I should slow down to savour the last bit of my scrumptious lunch. That was when I noticed something looking like a squid tentacle dangling out of my sandwich.
“Wow!” I exclaimed. “What a treat! I got seafood in my ham sandwich! It must be my lucky day!”
Izzy, Bianca and Chelsea all leaned over and demanded, “Can we have some?”
Suddenly, Izzy cried, “That’s not a squid tentacle! It’s a lizard tail!!!!!”
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” All my friends shrieked and went hysterical. I felt a spontaneous regurgitating sensation in my throat and I threw up instinctively. A pungent smell of putrid vomit covered the whole school courtyard. A nurse came but I just raced to the nearest toilet sink and cleared my guts from top to bottom. After what it seemed like an eternity, I still was unable to get rid of the “lizardy” taste in my mouth. Eating became a phobia. I lost my appetite completely for three days after that and my trousers became as loose as a really wobbly tooth.
Now you know why I am always pulling food apart and examining them like a forensic expert at a crime scene before I consume them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!