Hoverboard Anarchy

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

Sweet jebus, I never knew it was even possible, the hover board from back to the future. It had fallen from the sky like the gods themselves had it descended from the heavens. This was even superior to the delorean, because it’s a freakin’ flying skateboard!
It had a rich texture in bright pink shades could even convince the stubbornest man to melt, as if it had supersonic lasers; WHICH IT DOES.
The flashing lights, on the bottom of the board had danced in my sights as if it was flirting with my very pupils, and its hyper galactic particle boosters whispered through the breeze straight into my cornea, “Ride me like I’m nothing but a burden.”
As soon as I had stepped on this ferocious like beast, it felt as if my conscious had spontaneously combusted from the rhythmic sounds which played like a bard. I was flying through the air as if I was part of it, I was a complete natural, like we were eternally bonded, entwined through this gloomy world of non-flying humans. Then I fell off and broke 72 bones; still pretty awesome. And even when I was in severe pain and horribly disfigured in unimaginable ways, I was STILL oogling at the untameable beast of awesomeness.
Now these words may have not be used in the most proper of ways, but I’ll write as if the gods and saints had sent me a dictionary from the abyss of eternal mystery if it means it’ll be suitable to describe the absolute most amazing thing to lay your soon-to-be-flaming eyes on! To comprehend how the astonishing contraption works in all of its flying gracefulness and glory is a feat only a superhuman can accomplish! It is as if you’ve seen everything, the understanding of the eternal and second-greatest question, what is life, is answered with only one understanding left: How does one ride the all-knowing machine in space?
As gobsmacking as it is, the words of ultimate figurative and technical language I have provided you with is simply not enough! But this is not a problem; more of an obstacle, as describing the absolute pure core of knowledge that mankind has provided us with of this machine is nothing but a walk through the park, which is made ten times easier with a hover board! Not only is its function and design able to create such a satisfying feel that it starts to physically interact with the environment around you, but the science of the machine is truly at its peak! The wiring, the technical design, the flawless aerodynamic CPU is able to cause such a speed that you start travelling at the speed of sound, but not the speed of light of course, as there is not much of a point when you’ve already got a time-travelling 80’s sport vehicle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!