The Haunted House

As the full moon lights up the sky I continue looking for my friends in this massive game of scary hide and seek. I’ve already searched half of the town including side alleys and in shop window. It’s so silent that you could hear a mouse tapping it's tiny toes against the rough road. I look over at an old wooden park bench so I decide to go and sit down. Just at that moment my phone starts to ring. I pull out my phone from my pocket and look at my new messages. It’s from one of my friends saying that they are hiding in the 21 house on MacDonald Avenue.

I quickly jump up out of my seat and make my way to the house. The sprint down the path dodging signs and benches. I walked the last 100 metres or so as my heart was beating rapidly.As I arrive at the house I start to shake.“No way I’m going in there!” I whispered to myself! Just then I hear an agonizing scream. It sounded a bit like one of my friends. I stare into one of the upstairs cracked windows and one of the lights or flickering continuously. I take two steps forward like a baby would that is just learning to walk. As I carefully take a few more steps as my feet sink into the layered mud which is smothering the dead grass which lies underneath. The wind howls as a chill travels down my spine. Two massive trees have no leaves on the and underneath lies a grave which is covered in moss and has a vile smell.

I hesitate to take another step as the clouds act as drums in the sky. My legs start to shake rapidly as a bolt of lightning catches my eye. The call of an owl frightens me as the house starts creaking like a door that needs oil. The moon makes a quick appearance bit is quickly covered by the ashen clouds. The storm continues to brew as I pass a tree waving at me. I creep closer to the terrifying house being careful were I am stepping as it's hard tom see in the pale moonlight.

The storm has now died down and before I can stop myself my legs are walking me up some unsteady stairs. I anxiously walk towards the ridged door. I knock twice as I tremble, scared about what will await me inside.
The creepy door slowly opens. There is a stair case that is reaching all the way to the ceiling which is about 900 metres tall! “Hello?" "Where are you?” Just at that moment I see a white shadow come down the stairs. I try to run out but the door slammed. “AHHH!” I scream. The ghost is now up in my face.

“Boo!” said the ghost and then he started laughing. “Haha you should of seen your face.” Said one of my friend as they all start laughing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!