Wake Up

Help!!Help!!No one can hear me because the windy tornado is too loud. Help me!!Hel-……….Done. It’s all over. My life is done.?
I felt something. I felt something. Does that mean................I’m alive? Am I absolutely positively excitedly finally alive? I am!!!!!!!Yes!!!!I SLOWLY open my eyes. (Sometimes I’m as slow as a snail!) It is really hard and my view is all blurry but I see something. I actually see something. It’s still blurry but I think I see a brown, fluffy but short haired kangaroo. It’s soooooooo cute but how!!The last time I was awake I was in the beautiful, posh and extraordinary England and now I’m here. Wait, where am I??!!
I quickly get up and my view isn’t as blurry. All I can see are big green trees and birds tweeting and my mum? Wait. No. That was just a bear. Hang on, did I say bear? Runnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!I run as fast as I can and I see a cave, but that might be where the bear lives, so I keep running. I stop. I run so far that I can’t even say it!
I couldn’t run anymore because I’m at the end of …….......wherever I am! I can see the smooth blue ocean so I’m guessing I’m at the edge of this place. I see a tall shady tree and make myself comfortable underneath it. For the rest of the afternoon I sit under that tree watching the shiny dolphins do amazing tricks and they’re making me hungry. I start wandering around and find a big tree next to another and I tie some long vines (from one tree to another). All I need now are some big leaves to put over the top for a shelter. I keep wondering around and find some green leaves but their too small. I realize that I can use lots of seaweed from the beach!!I’m so stupid!!!Why didn’t I think of it before! I go to the beach and get as much seaweed as I can before it gets dark.
I still need to find some food because I’m starving!!!! The dolphins are beginning to be my only chance of food but I can’t eat them because they’re cute and it would be cruel to eat them. What about the kangaroo I saw earlier? I’ve never actually eaten one but it’s all I’ve got. I search everywhere but I can’t find it.
The ground is shaking, the trees are moving. What’s happening! I see something but not clearly, it’s a massive gust of wind! Help me!! Help!! The tornado is getting closer and closer and closer and closer. Help me! He-……………
“Wake up Jazmine you’ll be late for school”. I slowly open my eyes and see my mum. I jump up as fast as I can and hug my mum. ”I missed you so much mum!! (It doesn’t take a genius to work out it was a dream!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!