I Must Fight For The Right To Live

I walked through the lone and broken city streets. The sky was dark and nearly everything was destroyed… All destroyed by two psychotic killers.
Malice and Vice are their names, and fitting names too. Their only goal is to cause pain and suffering. It sickens me.
I walked through some smashed glass that had come from a broken store window. Every shard of glass I saw reminded me of the people of this city. How they were once complete, before they were shattered by the two demons that terrorised this city.
Malice and Vice invented invincible armour. It may only look like regular clothing, but it puts a force field around the wearer so they cannot be harmed.
Of course, the fools took advantage of this. They placed explosives inside buildings, killing everyone inside. They always walked out of the smoke smiling sadistically.
I was seven when they attacked. I have spent half of my life living like this and for the last three years, I have only had one friend to help me.
Yuudai… While the name might seem evil, it is actually a Japanese name meaning ‘one who is a great hero’.
I don’t know where he is now… I fear he has tried to defeat the two beasts on his own.
It may seem impossible, but we can do it. It was three months ago that Yuudai and I decided to look around the psycho’s hideout while they were destroying the city.
I was terrified but Yuudai was sure there was a weakness to the armour. He didn’t stop until he could find it. I acted like Scooby-Doo during our search, while he was the opposite. I was terrified but he was courageous and strong.
We both luckily found plans to the armour and learnt the exact weakness to it. Yuudai understood the plans perfectly. Since then we have both been in hiding, creating the gun that could kill them both.
The requirement was that the bullet had hit the armour going at a high speed while having poison inside of it. Yuudai created the gun and he left a couple of hours ago. I don’t know where he is now.
I walked towards a four way intersection and looked to my right. I saw a crater in the ground, I’m not sure why but I ran towards it. Yuudai’s corpse was lying in the crater with many cuts on his body.
His hand was resting on his chest, holding the gun.
“No, my only friend… You were everything to me…” I cried in pain.
I opened his fist and took the gun, not one bullet was shot. They must have killed him before he could shoot.
“I will avenge your death… I swear it.” I said, proudly. “Malice and Vice, you shall fall at my hands, then this city will be safe… Forever,” I looked away from Yuudai’s corpse. “I am Rito, and I swear that I will save this city and everyone left in it.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!