On The Bleachers

A pang of hurt hits at the thought, an old scar tearing open just a little
The rhythm of a place they used to be; she hasn’t changed since he last saw her.
They both look exactly the same – only time has changed.
His mouth curves into a smile, “Memories do not do you justice love”
The knife is dropped,
She flings her arms around him, kissing him passionately.
His lips moved against hers, lovingly, needfully.
They kissed soundly until they parted, desperate for breath.
He grinned at her, but it was she who spoke,
A question
Her eyes widened and immediately she started, stepping out of his –her love’s, the girl in her mind giggled – embrace.
She smiled at him and got a grin in return.
They were sitting on the bleachers together, having been wrapped in each other’s arms and speaking of the past, the future.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!