Last Love

The numbers of our people dropped by hundreds because these people or as we called them shadow hunters.

These people were ruthless we had no chance we had no idea whether our next day would be our last. They would kill even a child they say it was the demonic presence in our eyes. I never knew my life could end at the hand of a shadow hunter.

Standing under the trees, with the moon light shining on my skin as pale as snow The soft, wet green moss beneath my feet and fairy light strung from tree to tree.

Seeing her that night in the long white dress ripped at the bottom and up the side with long black hair and black eyes, I have never seen a women so beautiful and I ever so lucky to call her mine. As I saw her walk up to the pond as she stood there watching the fish she looked ever so graceful.

As we spoke all I could think was that this girl feels like the one she makes me feel like I have just taken a life like I have this new found leash on life like I never want this moment to end I just wanted to capture this moment and frame forever and never let it go, I have only one wish tonight to spend every second of this night with her. I couldn’t take it any more I had to kiss her she was the most beautiful person I have ever seen and as I leaned forward and I let my lips graze over hers and being dead I have never felt so alive.
As we pulled away she grabbed my hand she whispered.

“Let’s never have this end how about you become mine for now and ever?”

But the next thing I knew there was crimson red blood seeping through her white dress. As her black eyes as black as night rolled into the back of her head.

I saw the cold steel breaking though her skin and her dress, the tip coated in her crimson blood ; and as the blade was ripped out and she fell into my arms. I saw a figure fleeing from the scene wearing all black leather as his hood fell from his head and revealed shaggy blond hair skin covered in ancient tattooed symbols but as I looked back down to the girl and then back up he had disappeared into thin air. The beautiful young women took her last breath she placed a sweet soft kiss in my lips and all that was left of her was a lifeless body surrounded by a large puddle of warm , Crimson red blood.

One less of us to fight in this war against our end.

Rebecca Keating

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!