Feasting On Flesh

A cold shiver ran through my back as I entered in to the forest of the living dead. It was bigger than 6000 over grown elephants and an aeroplane. Trees were waving like they were trying to get me, like I had a rare diamond. The darkness was taking over my vision. My dog, Skull was shivering with fear as he walked with me. The blackness was fading away and a bright light was heading for me. Could this be it? Was it a zombie? Was it demon? Was it a vampire? No, it was my brother, his eyes were popping out and his skin was green, blood was pouring down his neck and his veins you could see. Skull was barking as if he saw a cat feasting on his lunch. My brother was coming to me, I called out Gavin! Gavin! I opened my mouth to call out for Gavin once more but I couldn't hear myself. My eyebrows furrowed with worry but they furrowed more when I saw more duplicates like Gavin coming from everywhere, from my left and from my right. The ZOMBIES were everywhere. I cried for help but there was no sound. My eyelids fell down just before I felt the vicious discomfort that the zombies caused by thumping, scratching and also biting.
My eyes fluttered open and it took me a few moments to adjust my eyesight in the darkness. Realization hit me on my face as I realized this was the same forest. I sprinted in the same direction that I was coming from. I was running faster than Usain Bolt that consumed 5000 energy drinks but when I got there, there was no place for me to leave this hideous forest. I kept charging but it felt like I was going in circles. Help was the same word that kept repeating from my mouth but it stopped when I felt déjà vu but it vanished when they bolted towards and snatched my locket with mum’s photograph. I fell on the ground quietly sobbing as my whole life came crashing down, I was speechless. Skull was lying down looking as though he’s dead. Gravity pulled me down, “aaargh” I cried.
As my eyesight dimmed, I reassured myself that this couldn't be real and then I was gone, pitch black, finished. My nose sniffed and I was 100% sure that the smell was of mum’s famous pancakes that could salivate any mouth. I saw something bling on my table and leaped out of my bed to see what was in there. My eyes radiated with happiness when I opened the familiar locket and they saw mum and Gavin dressed up in costumes. I pinched myself to make sure this wasn't a dream. I grinned and knew this wasn't a dream because the sting of the pinch was something I won’t forget.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!