Sam And The Origami Dimension

My name is Sam. I am an ordinary old man but I had an amazing adventure when I was 11. And it starts like this.
It was my birthday. My friends got me video games, gadgets, books, Lego and toys. But the best present was the one from my parents. A book of origami creations. There was paper planes, paper dragons, paper castles, anything that you can make with paper! Even paper ninjas! And I was 5.
Years passed, my 10th birthday came I had been making origami, but when I made it, it disappeared on the next birthday soon my room was empty. I was lost in making origami but it never lasted for more than a year. One day I felt like making origami. It was my 11th birthday. I hadn’t opened the book for months. I had thought that origami was boring but when I opened the book I had an idea. I opened it to the page of paper planes and touched the plane that people often make. Then something came into my mind. A code came into my mind. I said out loud “paper of origami behold papers shall fold and pages will mould!” Then everything went black my eyes snapped open. Everything was paper. I saw my own origami people walking around in a city of paper with paper roads and paper cars and paper everything! As I walked deeper into the city I saw right in the middle was a large paper castle with knights and a giant fat king covered in paper. Oh why did I make him? “YOU!” he yelled and pointed at me. He was talking to me! “YOU ARE THE MAKER!” all the paper people turned to me. “Maker, did you hear that, maker he’s the maker I thought he would be older yeah, wait maker doesn’t exist.” You would hear them whispering I heard. “BRING THE MAKER TO ME!” said the king as the knights dragged me to their castle, that’s when the pieces fell into place. I made this! The book was magic! It moved all the origami that I make in the year and then because I got it on my birthday I lose it then! “I get it now!” I said. The king begins to yell at me “I want you to make me another castle, another planet and another billion of vaults filled with money! Then he locked me in the castle tower and he told me I have and hour but then, a small little baby dragon ran up to me. I put paper on it so it would grow then it blasted a hole in the wall and pulled me up to his shoulder and flew off as we left the origami dimension. When we got back all my origami was there. “Thanks for the adventure” I said but I knew it never happened. Origami can’t move! I thought. The dragon winked. On second thoughts…who says they can’t move?
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!