Haunted House

HAUNTED HOUSE
It was June 4th in a land from far away. I was selling cookies to raise money for cancer. I see an old rusty brown house, I decide to go up there but I’m not quite sure what’s going to happen to me because how scared I am of moving creatures. Then all of a sudden a glimpse caught my eye with waves of tears going down the side of my face, I’m frightened of what I see. The light in one of the rooms is flickering on and off many times. When I kept going closer I heard different noises every time.
All of a sudden I heard a howling noise and a scream, I wanted to go closer but it sounded like it was coming closer to me so I backed away and ran into something. I slowly turned and it was a white shadow and it went through me and I was terrified, I had a feeling it was a ghost. The atmosphere surrounding me felt cold and uninviting. “BUT... After I’m done delivering cookies I was supposed to write a report of it” I said to myself, “what am I going to do, lie or tell 100% truth, I’m not sure, I’m worried”?
Now I’m going to go home and relax and tell my parents all about it, I’m going to take it steady and slow to go through it with them, so I better start now.
As I’m walking home, I hear someone walking with the sound of leaves crunching like someone eating chips with their mouth open, I’m scared. It sounds like someone has a gang with them because there are noises coming from different directions like they are stalking me for cookies but I think it’s for something different. I hurry home quickly without making much noise. I see a skeleton head, I drop the cookies and scream, I cautiously sprinted into the closest tree/bush so I could hide and try not to get hurt. My house was only a block away, I can faintly here the call of my name being screamed, and it’s my mum worrying about me again. I scream back and she yells my dad’s name “JASON” and I yell ‘MUM, DAD.’ They come running but someone catches them in a net. They are yelling “HELP” I say “whoever is doing this them go.”
“I want use out” I say to them, “I want u out”.
I’m screaming my little lungs out saying “OLLIE” my brother’s name, my brother is 16 and he will help with anything he yells, “WHAT DO U WANT” I hear him faintly, “MUM AND DAD ARE STUCK AND IM TRAPPED,” he comes running.
He arrives safely, luckily he tries his best to help us he has a pocket knife so he cuts the net and mum and dad get out “mum, dad” I say loudly, suddenly Ollie comes and grabs me by my soft arm and we run home safely and carefully.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!