Violin

The metronome beats: ‘Tic, tic, tic,’ as I play along. I love my violin.

The well-polished wood gleams in the light and makes me smile. The hairs of the bow are as white and stiff as my cat’s whiskers.

When you put the two together, a beginner is able to make a noise that sounds like nails being scraped down a chalkboard. But ahh! When an expert plays, it can be spellbindingly, hauntingly beautiful.

Lessons are difficult but they have made me realise how determined I can be. A lot of work goes into becoming an expert. Learning to sight read is puzzling: the notes seem to be scattered randomly across the staves.

A performance gives me butterflies; I feel anxious. Solos especially are the times when I get a whole lot of butterflies filling my stomach. But I know that it helps me to focus.

After I perform, I feel proud and satisfied with myself.

When I perform with the whole violin school - which is about forty musicians of all different ages - I know that if I play a wrong note other people will cover me. Then I can just pick the song up without being noticed.

The well-polished wood gleams in the light and makes me smile. The hairs of the bow are as white and stiff as my cat’s whiskers.

The metronome beats: ‘Tic, tic, tic,’ as I play along. I do love my violin.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!