I Wish I Could Fly

One summer’s day a young girl called Hannah was in her backyard playing with her kitten called Cuddles. There was a bird that always got the bread before the others. But that day the bird was not there. Then Hannah's Mum said we have to go shopping and Hannah said bye to Cuddles.
About half an hour the bird tweet was there. He was flying around and showing off. Then he yelled to Cuddles, “I bet you can’t fly!”
“Well I bet I can try!” Cuddles yelled back
‘Ok try fly now!” exclaimed tweet. Then Cuddles climbed up the tree and kicked her little legs very fast but did not stay up in the air.
All of a sudden “PLOP” Cuddles dropped in the pool.
”Help me, Help I am drowning!” Screamed Cuddles.
“I am not helping you, why would I want to help you!” Tweeted Tweet.
Then Hannah got home. She ran out and rescued Cuddles out of the pool. Hannah yelled Tweet to go away. Tweet flew away after a while.
“I think I would rather be a kitten than a bird, birds are mean and kittens are nice,” Cuddles said quietly to herself.
Cuddles should be herself and not another animal or thing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!