I Thought No One Would Come!

My name is Torissa. When I was young I had been abandoned by my mother and father. I was on the doorstep of a total stranger her name was Mistress Van De Rosedeon.
I always had a dream about a man I didn’t know who he was or what he meant to me. I knew what he sounded like but I had had this dream five times In previous times.
When I was there I was treated like one of their own. But it all started to occur when I turned 7. They started to treat me differently. Maybe something had happened that I did? I DIDN’T KNOW! They stopped my education all they taught me after that day was to cook, clean and do whatever they said.
One day Mistress Van De Rosedeon called me from her bedroom and said “I have made you a time table, this is what you should do everyday 7 times a week.” She continued with “By the time the twins and I come home all jobs should be done and polished and done correctly, if one thing has a scratch I will double your jobs for a month!” By the time the Mistress could finish I screamed out “BUT!” She couldn’t let me finish the sentence I was going to say or she would triple my jobs for a month. So every day I was treated very rudely and disrespectfully. I cleaned dishes, cleaned rooms etc. In till one day a man came to the door step and Mistress answered. He said “By the name of Henry the 8th I demand for the baby of Loyola.” Mistress Van De Rosedeon was astounded! She couldn’t say anything; from the look on her face she was speechless. I was astounded. But then I heard a noise from the corner, I quickly pretended I was picking up my hankie that had dropped from the ground when I started ears dropping on the conversation that was happening just outside of the Mistresses house. She said “What are you doing you slacker GET BACK TO DOING YOUR JOBS INSTANTLY!” The twin in Blue said. I instantly started to polish the side table that the twin in Pink dropped her cup of tea on. I heard the man outside say “Please sign this contract so I can make up the last 7 years of my nieces life with a family member.” I then heard Mistress Van De rosedeon say “How much would I get for raising my arm to care for this little girl.” There was a sudden instant silence drop. I came running out to see if this was the man in my dreams that I had pictured. It was I went running out slamming the door from behind me and yelled out “CHARLES!” He came running towards me and screamed “TORISSA!” “Take me as quickly as possible from here!” I said. “Okay” He exclaimed and I was taken from the house Mistress Van De Rosedeon provided for me for 7 years. After that I lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!