Quest For The Lost

Rinton, Driskoll and Crelloise the three brothers sat motionlessly in the paddock. They watched the cane being ploughed and saw their mum, Juriana trading with a pedlar. The pedlar had three compasses, on them were the letters R, D and C.
“Is it a coincidence our initials are on them?” Rinton asked. “I doubt it” answered Crelloise. “I think you’re right!” agreed Driskoll.
The pedlar put the compasses in Juriana’s hands as she handed him a sapphire blue amulet.
When the four arrived at their house Juriana gave the compasses to the brothers. “You will need these on your quest” Juriana said. “Quest?” shouted the shocked brothers. “Yes a quest, you’re going to find your dad” she answered with a sigh. “He’s dead!” argued Driskoll. “No he isn’t!” shouted Juriana, she was getting annoyed now. The brothers knew she wasn’t psycho so they did what they were told.
Next morning they set off on their journey. They were so excited when they heard they would go to the Norinous Plains.
Two days later the compasses still had been of no use. Suddenly the arrow in the glass case spun to the west. Rinton looked to the west and he saw the strangest thing ever.
“Look over there!!!” he exclaimed. They all looked and in the clouds were words that read “WHEN INSANITY COMES YOUR QUEST IS DONE!” The brothers tried to work out what it meant.
One week passed and there was no sign of their dad. Then the weirdest thing happened! The arrows in the compasses spun in every direction.
“This is insane!” shouted Driskoll. ”Exactly! This is the insanity!” exclaimed Crelloise. “Hi dad wherever you are!” joked Rinton. To his surprise a figure emerged out of thin air. ”Dad please come home with us mu…” Crelloise was cut off. “Of course I will!!!” shouted the figure with a huge smile, and so the reunited family began their journey back. After a while they learned that their dad was out there because he wanted to see how intelligent and courageous they were.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!