Universe

The stars. The great sheet, bleached in patches and speckles, clusters of light, like the accidental workings of a clumsy child giant, with fistfuls of craft glitter.
Like tv static in a darkened room, ‘how long has that been on?’. Staring, staring. ‘You’ll get square eyes if you keep going!’, a seemingly reasonless aspect of life, everyone simply accepts. Or like the one scrap of gilded fabric, found in the depths of the clothing donation bag, tucked away underwing, a rare treasure, a monumental find for a kid, with no idea of real wealth
Each tiny dot, a glowing lamp, blending together in a smear, just as beautiful apart as in formations. One such mark, a red drop runs down the great glass dome. On the dewed window, not unseeable, mankind’s attempt, accidental, at recreating the stars.
How envious am I, of these gas orbs. Millions, millions away that cannot feel. Stars don’t love, nor emotionally cripple, nor abuse, neither to themselves nor others. Mankind, instilled with awe, moved by the raw emotions produced by the sight of a great stone that has none, and doesn’t ponder on life, or fear death. And simply is.
And elsewhere, a colossal flame, waits, crouched, and peers out at a sea of his brethren, and amongst those pinpricks of light is our tiny blue speck.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!