Jack's Adventure

Once upon a time, there was a young boy around the age of 9 named Jack, who had an adventure, and that is the story I shall tell you.

“Jack!” yelled Jack’s mum from the laundry, “Go and clean your room!” Jack responded, “Okay mum!” The reason Jack didn't complain is because he is a very obedient child. Jack walked to his room and realised that it was an absolute pig sty. Jack started cleaning but 10 seconds into cleaning, everything went black.

Jack called out "Hello?" into the darkness but couldn't even hear himself. "CLANK!!!” Jack sat upright with a jolt. “Uhhh,hello?" Jack said in a scared tone. “What? Is somebody there? It better not be a thief!" A man yelled. The man wasn't muscly but he did look strong. He also looked like he hadn't washed in days. The man was wearing dirty brown shorts with a dirty, stained white shirt. The man picked up the pan he was washing, held it behind his shoulder, and looked around. Jack followed the man’s gaze and noticed that the walls were made of dirt. All of the rooms were dirty. Suddenly, the man set his gaze on Jack. “Who are you!?!” “Jack,” he replied in a shaky tone. The man had a bit of an accent, “How’d you get ‘n’ ere?” “I was… at home… and then… there was darkness… then I… I was here.” “Oohh. You must be the Summoned One. My name is Ralph and we should get ready to leave.” “Where are we going?” “To see the queen in Cloud Castle. Let’s go,” said Ralph.

Jack and Ralph walked out the door to a beautiful summer’s day. “CLOP. CLOP. CLOP.” went the footsteps of something big. Ralph held up a piece of paper to an animal that looked like a bull standing on two legs. The bull then moved aside to let Jack and Ralph into a glass room. The glass room had an elevator that took them up to the throne room in the clouds.

The queen was sitting in one of many chairs with a puzzle in front of her. “Who, are you?” she asked in a royal voice. “This is the one that you summoned, Your Highness.” “Oh goodies. Come and help me finish this… this thing my Joker gave me.” “It’s called a ‘puzzle’” said Jack. “Oh,” replied the queen. Jack went over to the queen and helped her finish her puzzle of a cat. “May I go home now? I have to clean my room” asked Jack. “Okay,” answered the queen. “Bye” called out Ralph, “I’ve gotta run.” The queen led Jack to a room and told Jack to go in. “Alright,” replied Jack, “Bye.” “Bye,” replied the queen, “maybe we’ll meet again.” Jack stepped into the room, then there was blackness. Then suddenly, Jack was back home, in his room, where he continued cleaning because he is a very obedient child.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!