Haunted House

Hi my name is Walker and I am going to tell you about a story of a haunted house. Ok here I go! It was cold and stormy and I had to sleep in a haunted house for one night, just because of a bet. This house was even scary driving past on the way to school, so when I walked towards the house, I was scared.
On the front porch, rats ran, and SNAP! a wooden board broke. I fell at least a metre and twisted my ankle. When I walked in all the windows were smashed, the door was all creaky and you could hear this faint voice. I ignored it but when I laid down and was half asleep the faint sound was getting louder and when I opened my eyes there was a ghost. At least I think it was a ghost! it was tall and skinny and it looked like it wanted to talk. But it was still scary. I screamed my head off.
GHOST!
He disappeared with a poof all I could remember was his sad looking face.
His eyes that were very sad. I got back to sleep and this time when I woke up the voice was louder. I stood up and walked around to see what it was and where it was coming from.
As I walked down the stairs, I found a room that looked like a big pub. A pub full of ghosts. They were all talking and laughing. When I looked closer I saw in the corner, all alone, the ghost with the sad face. I went over there and we had a chat for about two hours. Then all the ghosts looked at me and their faces looked like I shouldn't be here and one made a scary sound. They rushed towards me but before they could grab me I was gone out of that house in 10 seconds flat.
I looked around for a motorbike or something to get away on. I found a car but the battery was flat, so I just started to run. I ran and ran until I got home. I said to mum I will never make a bet like that again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!