Jennivyves Jelly Slice

In a faraway cottage lived a poise and elegant little girl called Jennivyve. She and her family loved ballet performances. Every Saturday her family would drive down to their local theatre to watch ballet. Al the family enjoyed the fine art of ballet.
One evening, Jennivyves mother, Adriana, was preparing some snacks for the family’s short gathering. Jennivyve watched as her mother put the macaroons on the plate, she also watched as Adriana held the plater in her palm. Jennyve asked her mother, “Can you teach me how to cook and bake?” Her mother soon replied, “Of course darling but it will take weeks before you can actually bake for the next family gathering.”
Only three weeks later, Jennivyve could be cooking sausage rolls, decorating cupcakes and boil perfect ravioli. Her mother miraculously watched over her daughters shoulders as she prepared so many gorgeous meals for her family. She brought a lot of grace to her mother’s eyes because it made Adriana so proud of her little angel.
One morning, Jennivyve woke up and thought of a marvellous idea. She would enter the ‘Annual Children’s Baking Contest.’ She would get given an ingredients list and bake whatever she could in 6 hard-drooling hours. On the list it had: Jelly crystals, biscuits, cream and egg. As soon as she told her mother, she was off to ‘The chefs Kitchen.’ Adriana agreed to take her daughter down. Jennivyve couldn’t stop looking at the prize list if you came first. It included a free utilities pack, $250 and a special edition book of how Gary Meaghn became a chef. As soon as Jennivyve read the ingredients list, she thought of Jelly Slice.
The challenge began. Jennivyve was up against people from the ages of 5 to 14. She knew it was going to be difficult to win, but only if she put 110% in everything, she could possibly win it!
Jennivyve started by pouring the jelly crystals into the mixing bowl. After that, she added some hot water to the crystals and watched every one dissolve before she could beat it up with 5teh electronic whippers. It had actually dissolved really quickly. The jelly turned out bright red, just as Jennivyve wanted! Jennivyve put the jelly in the fridge and turned up the coolness of the refrigerator. She then crumbled the biscuits using her hands, she also got rid of the yoke in the middle of the eggs and whipped it all up very quickly.
There was only half an hour remaining. She still had to get out the jelly and put it together somehow. A lot of things were running through Jennivyves mind but all she had to do was believe in herself. HHHHOOOONNNNKKKK, Went the horn. Their time was up. Judging has begun announced the M.C.
Jennivyve explained to the judges what she has prepaired. THE WINNER IS…………………….JENNIVYVE PICKELBERG!!! This is the BEST DAY EVER!! Jennivyves family was so proud! This is a special moment for the Pickelbergs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!