The 4 Horrible Tickets

‘‘Quick Quick Where going to miss our flight to Bali’’ said Dad. ‘‘But dad I need to brush my teeth’’. So all of us run out the door without brushing our teeth, combing our hair or even eating breakfast. We got to the airport and they were boarding to Bali. Mum, Dad, Jenny and I were all very afraid. So we all sprinted over and jumped onto the plane in relief. So after a 5 and a half hour trip we arrived in Bali and just chilled at the hotel, we booked a table of four for dinner at 7:30pmwe got home and went to bed after a heroic day.
The next day we woke up at 10:00am, had some brunch and swam in our really cool pool. That afternoon we went for a walk on the beach there were some big waves! We checked out the cool skate shops, the bakeries and the most popular shop of all, the Nike factory. So the next day there was some really really horrible news around Bali…………
There was a massive tsunami it was absolutely heroic. I just looked at dad with a terrified look. We were all very injured and worried. I said to dad ‘’how will this work’’ he said don’t worry when there’s a will there’s a way. We all limped our way to the local hospital in horrendous pain, we had no hope whatsoever. We got medicine from the hospital and we all had operations.
The next day Jenny said to mum. Mum it’s my birthday today and she got a bracelet from one of the shops in Bali. We all sang her the happy birthday song. Mum said to Jenny this is a birthday you’ll never forget in Bali. I know that it was a disaster it was the best birthday ever.
We tried getting the earliest flight home possible but all airlines were closed until next month which is about 2 weeks away. Jenny said ‘‘we have to wait 2 weeks in this pain’’, ‘‘there is no way out Jenny’’ said Mum. One week later we could not take it anymore.
Then the week later we went on the plain and took our flight straight to Melbourne, Australia and when we got back the doctors said. There was not much of a chance you guys surviving, we all were crying at his comment.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!