Rainy Day

Sabrina watched as the clouds rolled in. Thunder crackled and lightning snapped to the ground and back up, like a yoyo being spun in the playground. Sabrina loved the rain here because she doesn’t see it that often. She slowly walked outside, shutting her eyes and then opening them again in amazement. She just could not believe it. She could sense the difference in the air, smell the aroma of the rain, and feel the chill of the wind; she knew that rain is coming.

Sabrina stayed outside until she could feel the small wet pitter-patter on her head. She felt the raindrops on her head, felt them fall slowly down her face, and that was the best feeling in the world. She heard someone say her name.
"Sabrina, Sabrina!”
She heard the voice whisper something else, but it was too soft and she was confused. She turned around but there was no one around. Then she saw it. The raindrops! It was them speaking. They were the ones saying her name.

Sabrina answered , even though she knew it could not be true. "Hello? Who’s there?" She whispered so quietly she thought no one could hear.
"Hello, Sabrina," replied the voice of the raindrop. Sabrina looked over to where the noise was coming from, and that’s when she found it, sitting on her shoulder. Her face turned bright red as she saw that this raindrop gradually grew a face and a nose and eyes, right in front of her.

Sabrina spoke with the raindrop and it told her some funny jokes. And as the afternoon wore on, and the rain fell more heavily, other raindrops crawled down her face sending shivers through her body. She lay there with her new friend and together they watched the angry clouds, and the lightning glow in the distance. She was tempted to tell her parents but she was afraid, so she said to the little raindrop “don’ t worry it will be our little secret.”


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!