Leaving Home!

Then Bombs started falling around our classroom, there was smoke everywhere I found my two best friends Stephanie and Callie. All three of us decided that we’d go look for our brother’s and sister’s. And in five minutes we’d all meet at the top of the hill if it was safe to do so.
At the end of five minutes we all met at the top of the hill and none of us had found our siblings, we all agreed that it would be best if we leave the school. We found an abandoned house, we went inside and put the TV on it said all of Australia had been invaded, and we had to leave the country as quick as possible. Don’t worry about your families just go.
So that’s what we did, we had to make our way to Bairnsdale, when we did arrive we pushed through all the people and got a spot on the train.
It rushed through every town not stopping until we reached Melbourne, and everyone abandoned the train Callie found a taxi with the keys in it. We all jumped in with Stephanie as the driver we decided to head to the airport; when we got there it was packed we just ran out onto an airstrip that was boarding, when we got on we realised we didn’t have a ticket so we hid in the overhead luggage not knowing which country or city we were flying to and not knowing if our families were alive.
Callie and Stephanie fell asleep but I couldn’t stop thinking about my family, were they alright had I just left them I couldn’t help myself thinking what if they’d got killed trying to find me how could I be so cruel.
Just then plane came to a sudden halt we had landed I woke up Callie and Steph and we waited 5 minutes till everyone got off then we rushed off like there was no tomorrow.
When we got off I almost fainted we were in Paris! It’s my all-time favourite country besides Australia and even better when we got off the plane all our families were waiting for us and they said this is where all the planes were sending everyone and that they had been on the flight before us.
All three of our families found vacancy at a nearby caravan park and we learnt that the Vietnamese were the ones taking over our country.
Four years on and our families are living a glamorous life in Paris! After we became French citizens and won the lottery. The war is now over, 998 Australian army men died I’m so proud they had the courage to fight for our country and 673 Australian citizens died trying to save their families. Australia won the war and our country is slowly rebuilding itself, I can’t wait to go back there because
No matter where I am in the world I’ll always call Australia home!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!