Visit To Gumbuya Park

It was 2012 September and my family made a plan to visit Gumbuya Park, here in Victoria with our family friends. Gumbuya Park is situated in south east of Melbourne, just 10 minutes drive after crossing Pakenham.
We planned it, bought tickets from internet few weeks before school holidays. Everybody was excited for this trip and that day came but with alot of rain and wind. We were never expecting this but its call of nature. Everybody was bucking up each other and we made a brave decision to visit.
When we reach there, rain was slightly decreased but wind was still disturbing. We started by entertaining wild life. we have alot of grains, carrots and bananas. We fed Koala and Kangaroos. I like Koalas. they look so innocent and beautiful. Young Koalas are called cubs and they can run as fast as rabbit. We did a pony ride also with the help of guides. We also played mini-golf there. This was new to us but we were enjoying.
Then we visited different rides and this park has alot of variety. Paddle Boats, Children play ground and tractor rides are few of many. Time was passing and we were not feeling any weather pushes. I also took part in Junior Wild life keeper program where they teach how to keep animals safe and healthy. This is important for our generations to make Australia close to nature and people/animal loving country.
This park is really impressive. It has everything for all ages. No one actually get bored. However for little kids, Park administration needs to provide more activities. The staff is very good and cooperative. Parking arrangements are also good.
We were getting hungry and thankfully my Dad did arrange BBQ for us. He and us uncle love Charcoal BBQ very much. It was windy but they decided to lighten up charcoals. All luggage was carried over to BBQ area and suddenly my DAD found that there is no Mesh/Cooking Surface in the BBQ kit and we actually forgot in our home. Frustration was everywhere as we could not cook food and everybody was hungry. I look around the area and suddenly found some broken metal grill top. I shout, Dad! look out here, I found something. This was amazing and my Dad found it could be used as Cooking Surface. Everybody was happy and so do me.
Ha! My Dad and uncle started cooking food and in half an hour food was ready. Wow, very delicious because my mum marinated the meat with love and affection and offcourse my Dad and Uncle Cooked it. But everybody was giving credit to me as without cook surface, we would not be able to make BBQ. BBQ is a part of Australian Culture and part of parcel of outdoor activities in my country.
In the end, I learnt, never get disappointed. Keep trying and think positive. So where there is a will, there is always a way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!