I Wish

Luke loved the summer. He liked how the sun flowed onto his face and out in the long green soft grass. He liked the feel of tranquility as he lay down onto the grass. All he could hear was the light breeze rustling the trees and the soft chirping of the colorful birds that glided through the air. He would stay here for hours if he could, and just ponder. Ever since his mother, Jessica died he has been spending a lot more time there. Just thinking about the beautiful happy times that they spent together.

Like His 12th birthday. He remembers cutting the cake and everyone cheering as he made a wish. There was confetti and decorations everywhere ahh he wished he could go back there. He wishes he could time travel back to that time - where he was happy and content and where there was hope.

Luke was bullied at school. They would call him names such as 'pea brain' and 'psycho', which all scared him mentally. The teachers tried and tried to comfort him but it just made it worse. His dad worries about him sometimes, out in the field alone staring into the blue, blue sky. He never talks much and sometimes he tries to light him up a bit by offering to go to the movies, but all he did was nod. No one ever got to close to him because he will just block them out.

In the field he wonders what happiness was like. What it was like to feel emotions. After his mum died his emotions just disappeared. He thinks about the kids at school sometimes and how there all running around playing having fun. He wishes that he could feel that again, but all he felt now was total utter despair in his life.

All the treatment centers he went to all the treatments he took, they just couldn't shake it out, it was like there was a wall blocking everyone else from getting in and helping him out. All he could do was just live. Live and die.

He stays in that field because he feels connected to his mum. And all the times they spent together he lies there because it's the only place that made him find happiness and contentment, and the place where it's a Safe Haven for him.

He still lies in that field 6 hours a day 7 days a week. Nobody knows how he found happiness in that field, but the truth is this is where his mum died. Right in this spot.

By Lewis McLennan, age 11.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!