Quest To Olympus

QUEST TO OLYMPUS


When I awoke I was lying in the middle of a lush green meadow with nothing around except for the chirping birds singing their song. Suddenly, there was a loud bang, I quickly jumped to my feet and looked around me but nothing was there.

I should probably mention that my name is Jack and I’m on the run from supernatural kids with powers that I don’t dare think about. But I’m not normal either because I can summon water whenever I want and move it around with my mind, and that’s not all...because I can shape shift into anything water related e.g a goldfish, shark, squid or even a killer whale!

Enough about me, I have two friends Tracy and Leo who were also lying next to me still waking up. I had to yell at them and remind them that we were being followed by two man eating ants, before they finally got up.

The fire squad have been sending monsters for us every day, trying to take us out because we were the last members of the water squad. The fire squad have been slowly picking us off one by one, for taking their symbol of power, the flame rod and breaking it. Now it was only us left and we were trying to get to the one safe place for like us, Olympus!

Olympus was created hundreds of years ago by the water squad incase they ever needed a safe place to escape the fire squad, and what better time to use it than now? We were only one kilometer from Olympus but we couldn’t make it before the ants ran us down, so we to turn and fight. We were lucky we turned when we did because the ants were only about one hundred meters away and gaining fast.

To our luck we were right next to a beach, so we all ran into the water. The ants then caught up and started breathing fire and trying to crush us under their legs. Luckily for us we could shoot water to deflect the fire. All three of us then had the same idea...to turn into great white sharks, so that we were quick enough to dodge the ant’s legs but also have enough strength to take them down.

All three of us charged towards the nearest ant and bumped into it’s legs to take it down and then started tearing it to shreds. The other ant wasn’t happy about this, so he charged us, we all tried to dodge as the ant attacked but he seemed to target Leo and crushed his flippers. Leo then turned back into a human and had two broken arms.

While the ant was distracted with Leo, Tracy and I took the ant down and tore it to shreds. I then put Leo on my back and we sped away as fast as we could towards Olympus.



NAME: Sam Schultz
AGE: 12
ADDRESS: 6 Perry Crt, Lewisham
GRADE: 6
ST JOHN’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!