Legend Of The Broken

Power is something that is given, not taken”

My mother, my father, they gave up there lives to save the Elder Scrolls. Now I continue their adventure in keeping the magical artefacts safe. There are 8 of them, each of them control a dimension of space and time. My name is Suvox, and I am the only protector left.
I have set up camp to the east of Dawngaurd in Skyrim. It is cold and my supplies are few, but I do not worry because I know I will not be here for long. The very second I speak I am being hunted by Charlarx the Unbounded. It sends a state of fear into my heart and soul when I think about what will happen if he gets the Elder Scroll’s, his black, fermented suit scares me but I know if it’s not me… then who?
Day’s pass, the blow of the harsh snow sends me into high alert, but it is useless, I will never know where he will come from. The breeze stops blowing, the trees stand still, the animal’s flea. It is him… Charlarx. I snatch the Elder Scrolls and run with all of my might, but I know it is not enough, he will catch me on his brown horse, his eyes are like staring into a black hole. Before I set up camp I made sure I new perimeter of the area, there are some old Dwarven ruins nearby. I can hide in there until he leaves me.
After a matter of hours of hiding behind a large relic of an old Deadric prince named Zevarn. I go exploring in hope for some more supplies but I find something much more intriguing. It is an old power harnesser made for Elder Scroll’s, maybe I could make a portal with all the power of the Elder Scrolls. After many hours at work I stumble across a small notebook labelled, “Karligha’s Journal”. That is when I realise, this belonged to my mother, this was here own laboratory where my mother did here research about the Elder Scroll’s. I make sure to keep hold of the old book. And all of a sudden a big wind is drawn from right in front of me... “THE ELDER SCROLL’S WORK” I scream into the snowy glaciers of Skyrim. I stumble through the portal, it feels like a giant hand I pulling me through, then I realise, I have left the Elder Scroll’s behind. But before I can go back the portal closes. What if Charlarx comes back to finish me off and finds the Elder Scrolls. Then my mind ticks back into real life and I realise, right in front of me is Charlarx, but he can not see me, he is talking to the northern lights of Skyrim. I sneak out of the long grass and approach the cliff that he is standing at. I feel a sense relief putting my hands onto his back and…
PUSH.
“I’m sorry”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!