Heaven

As I lay there awake at night I felt the cool breeze across my face, but as I lay there I think of you. It seems like you are there right by my side. I know it might be fate or maybe just a dream, but I know you’re there for me either way.
One month ago my Grandma passed away from lung cancer. She passed away peacefully when she was asleep. It’s like half of my heart is gone because it is with her, but it is coming back slowly. I miss her, I really do. She was someone I was close too, so it hurt when I had to say goodbye.
The funeral was the saddest, but most beautiful thing that has happened in my life so far. Just picking a white rose from the table to remember her was heart breaking. I will remember my Grandma so dearly.
Watching and listening to my Dad reading the eulogy and my cousin reading his letter, all that was happening was memories about her going through my head. The photos of Nanna and I brought back amazing thoughts, but at the end when I saw the coffin all that came back were sad thoughts.
I will remember my Grandma with fond memories like when she sang ‘Pop goes the weasel’ to me when I was younger. I also remember when I went up to her to tell her how well I performed at basketball and how well I did at school. I remember having her yummy scones with jam and cream in them.
She normally made them when the Sydney Swans were playing football. I will remember her beautiful kindness and her lovely friendliness towards her family and her friends. My Nanna was one of the sweetest and most generous people on the planted and did not deserve to get lung cancer.
Even though I would have loved her to live to my 13th birthday I knew, and so did everyone else that she wasn’t well enough or strong enough to fight the cancer till November. As much as her family and friends loved her we knew there was nothing more the doctors could do to save her.
My Grandpa was one of the luckiest men alive to have my Nanna as a wife and their daughters Melinda, Julie, Leanne and Liz were just as lucky to have her as a mother. The grandchildren were lucky to have an amazing Grandma.
I love you Nanna. May you rest in peace.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!