Havoc In The School Yard

Havoc in the school yard. By Kaleb Foster 6P Karoo Primary School.
Watching over all the children the principal knew he had the students under his control and unaware of his deep, dark secret. Mr Laney, a confident and smart man, was the principal of a lovely, bright and bubbly school called River Hill High. He had a bald patch and wore a suit and a tie every day. He was very cantankerous and always in a grumpy mood. He thought no one would ever find out the school secret. But he was wrong and the secret led to some horrible things!

One day, a boy called Benny Carter went to the school toilets. He was singing away carelessly when he slipped and started sliding helplessly and unknowingly towards the wall. Suddenly, his head hammered into the wall leaving him with a slight concussion. Three shining, evil knights saw an opening and smashed right though the wall. “Oh!” said a knight as he stretched savagely. “Let’s go and finish what we started forty hundred years ago!” said another knight.

The three shining knights started to cause havoc throughout the school yard. Smashing and demolishing everything in sight. When Benny woke up he quickly rushed to Mr Laney’s office to aware him of the chaos going on in the school yard. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. “Come in,” said Mr Laney.

“I accidentally slipped and hammered a whole in the boys toilets and -,” Benny hurriedly said trying to speak over his breathe.

“Hold on Benny, slow down, what did you do?” asked Mr Laney.

Benny took a deep breathe. “I accidentally slipped and smashed a hole in the wall and now there are three shining knights causing havoc all over the school yard,” said Benny with a distressed voice. “We have to go!” replied Mr Laney.
The two heroes’ ran straight to the toilets and into the abandoned toilet. They lifted up the toilet lid. There lay a box shaped container which contained lots of smoke and a lot of magic. “This will help us contain the knights. It will keep them captive inside this box unless someone else opens it back up,” said Mr Laney.

“Ok, let’s go and stop this madness!” replied Benny.

They arrived at the scene of the crime and acted immediately. Mr Laney opened the box wide and watch the magic do its work. The three knights were sucked defencelessly into the deep, dark box until there was nothing left of them. “You saved us all Mr Laney!” said a child while celebrating.

“I guess I did,” said Mr Laney thrilled for himself.

“But what are you going to do with the box?” asked another child.
“Leave that to me,’ replied Benny.
Benny picked up the box and threw it straight into the school dumpster. “Three points!” said Benny.

The problem was resolved and everybody was celebrating when, “ok guys, time to clean up,” said Mr Laney. “Oh man!” cried the kids groaning as they moved their sorrowful bodies over towards the mess.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!