Haunted House

I woke from a bang! I quickly look at the creepy house next door through my window but then realised the bang was my mum in the kitchen. After breakfast my mum dropped me at school. After school I started walking home but then I went to the soccer field with my friends and it got was dark. I walked past the creepy house and something was calling me so I turned and looked at the house. As I start walking toward the front door of the house a wind howls against my frozen face. The dead trees are swaying in the blackness of the night. The lightning flashes in front of my eyes. The moon is glowing behind me like a giant golf ball. I want to turn around but something calls me and tells me to go to the house. As I walk past some trees the leaves look like they are being kicked off the branches. I hear the house creaking and dust flies from it like it hasn’t been cleaned for years. Two rooms catch my eye as the light’s turn on like eyes opening.
I walk up the steps at the front of the house. I give a loud bang on the wooden door. I wait for a few minutes thinking about what would happen if the door opened? I hear a creak from the door and the handle starts to turn. The door starts to open slowly but there was nobody there. I walk into the house and give a big shout hello. The door slams shut, my heart starts pounding. Beneath my feet a trap door opens. I fall through it and I land in a dark room. The trap door closes and there was no way out. I start to feel around and eventually I find a light switch. I switch it on. A big lamp hanging from the roof turns on and flickers like a heartbeat.
I try to think of a way out but there is nothing there. I look back up at the trap door and think how I could get out? Then I look at the big lamp. I jump as high as I can to grab it but I miss. I take a few steps back and run and jump and grab the lamp. This time I got it. I climb to the top of it. I reach for the trap door and punch it open and grab some of the floor carpet and pull myself up. I stand up and think “how is this happening”? I think is the house alive and if I destroy the lamp could I kill it? I look around and find a chair and throw it at the lamp. I hear the house tick and think I better get out. I start rushing out of the door. Something blows and the whole house bursts into flames. My mum runs out the house next door and says,” are you ok”? I say yes I am fine. Then my mum says come inside and we will talk about what happened in that house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!