Eerily Silent

The wind blew, the wolves howled to the night. The clouds screamed as they were pregnant with rain. The icy wind's tentacles choked Darcy threw her luscious brown hair. The sun's hopeful rays failed to penetrate. Only the rain infiltrated the dead ground. The wind antagonized the haunting trees. Rusted chains smashed against the walls. A murder of crows followed her into the night. The poison ivy engulfed the streetlights that flickered helplessly. She clutched the gate, in the only remaining spot what has not been taking over by weeds. She thought, "Darcy, what the hell are you doing?" But her curiosity was saying differently. As Darcy forced the gate to open, it smashed open; Darcy stumbled over onto a gravel footpath. Her hands clutched onto the ground making her hands swell up in pain. she struggled to make it up on her feet, As her shoes crunched onto the ground, She started to get a hint of rotting animals what started to waft through her nose. A house with a crooked door way and crooked windows scared her, but the maelstrom of curiosity was infecting her mind; she found herself in front of the house; the house's facade was evil and unnerving; but she did something she thought she would never do. The murder of crows stopped screaming at her, she grabbed the rusty metal door knob; everything had gone eerily silent...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!