Eddie Button


I heard Mum call, “Quick!”, she screamed, “get downstairs and have breakfast.” I was getting out of bed. I’m sick of this nonsense. I slowly placed myself down on my chair starting to think extremely hard whether I should either run away or go and live in the haunted house. I was still pondering my decision as I got on the school bus. I thought I could ask my friends at school what their opinions are!
To my surprise I got to school 4 hours and 4 minutes earlier than I normally do. So I promptly got off the bus to see my friends. As quick as a flash I ran over to see my BFFL Millie to ask her about my super duper serious problem. After greeting each other with a quick hello, I spat out my problem. She was surprised. “In my opinion, I think you should live in the haunted house and I will bring you a shopping trolley full of food, clothes and water on Thursday,” said Millie. Todays Wednesday. “See you tomorrow” said Millie as I skipped to my home.
I entered the haunted house. “BRR it’s freezing in here I hope Millie brings me a puffer jacket and some thick blankets” I demanded in my own angry way. I snuck passed the front desk hoping she wouldn’t see, tip toeing into my favourite room of all. It’s 12:04pm I don’t have to be quiet, everybody else is so noisy, a massive amount of screaming going on. After a quick nap I will explore this mysterious haunted house. Eventually I wake up, scan my eyes over the room to remind myself where I am. I decide to walk through the spider and ghost section, hearing screams I can’t see anything it’s pitch black, I’m scared, don’t know what to do.
I have an idea. I’m going to go down to the basement. It’s like a junkyard down there. I reached the doorway and crept through. I heard the same scream. What should I do? I would hide inbetween two boxes in the corner of the room, so I did. I sat down and curled my legs up ready to doze off when, I heard the strangest thing of all. It was BOOO helloo Lily. I turned round with a screech and out of the box I was sitting next to was a little man made out of buttons. “How do you know my name and who are you? I screeched. “I’m Eddie Button the scariest barbie in the world” “well I’m not scared of you but how do you know my name?” wispered Millie “Well,” exclaimed Eddie. “Do you remember when you moved houses when you were four?” “Yes”, I answered. “You lived in this house before” said Eddie “Really,” I said surprised. “When you moved I got left behind in this box with. The other boxes hold your pillows, blankets and doonas. said Eddie. What’s going to happen.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!