Maisy

This human is so slow, I thought.I had tried everything, including yelling, licking her face and even purring right next to her ear! Frustrated, I leapt off the humungous bed and landed with a thud.I crept along the boards, making sure I stepped on the squeaky ones in case that woke her up. The sun was being friendly today, as it was letting through a ray of warm light that motivated me to climb the huge, cold stairs. After the trip, that seemed to take forever, I hopped up onto another wrinkly bed. I paced slowly back and forth until this human woke up. "Finally," I said, "feed me now!"

Once we got downstairs she placed a scoopful of dry food, my favourite, on my ceramic plate. I munched loudly whilst thinking up a plan to get her to let me outside. I really wanted to catch one of those pesky pigeons that annoyed the hell out of me. So I made my way to the shiny glass door and screamed "let me out, let me out" about a hundred times. The oldest human finally got out of bed and made her way towards me. She clicked the lock open and pushed the handle down forcefully.

I took my time to make my way over to the lush, wet forest. First, I dodged the creepers and vines, and then I plonked myself down onto the warm, damp soil. I really like this spot because it had a perfect view of the food tin, from where the humans fed those dreadful, furry rodents that constantly squeak. The birds are always hanging around there, so that's where I planned to stalk them. I waited patiently, hoping that one would land in the perfect position.

After waiting about fifteen minutes, a plump, feathery one landed close by. I stretched my legs, preparing to hunt it down. I had to be quiet, so it wouldn't fly away. I took it a step at a time, being careful not to step on any crunchy leaves that would give away my position. Once I got near it, I pounced. Man it was my biggest catch yet! I landed on it's wing, but it turned around and pecked me. I let go to examine my wound. I was so disappointed! I'd had it, my first catch, but let it go for just a tiny wound.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!