Heaven

I woke up, baffled and perplexed by my treacherous surroundings. There were rows and rows of tumbling silver bricks thickly sewn by the spiky, strangling webs of vines. There was no speck of sunlight shown in the dark, creepy cell-like room. I felt the chills down my spine and gasped, as it echoed ghostly in the silence.

I slowly forced myself to stand up. I brushed my dusty dress, and started at the creaky, rusty-hinged wooden door. “What dangers await behind that door?” I thought curiously. My eagerness couldn’t wait any longer now. I tiptoed anxiously to the door and reached for the ancient, mouldy knob. I rubbed my sweaty palms on my dress shakily and reached even further.

Soon, I had touched its tip and wrapped all my other sweaty and red fingers around the knob. I gently twisted it, as it creaked and rattled loudly. My heart beat was beating rapidly and my face was burning with sweat and anxiety. At last, I swung open the creaky door and saw a delusional sight before me.
There were eloquent and freshly grown rose fields and a bright, hot pink sky with a glimmering sunlight that shone brightly across the whole village. I gasped in excitement and confusion. I took a shy step of uneasiness into the firm, solid ground. “This cannot be real! I have always been forbidden from these delusional visions,” I thought to myself, as I forced a step back into the dark, dull room.

I rattled the door closed, and sat down on the smooth, silver marble floor, ashamed. My palms were sweating again, full of dread and fear. In a quick breath, I sighed and stared blankly ahead. I was still glancing at the creaky, rusty-hinged wooden door, trying to get the thought of it out of my head but the curiosity got the better of me.

Once again, I reached for it. I stretched my arms till they strained and twisted the knob gently. I glimpsed back into the dark dull room, knowing that this was not a vision I had seen – it was real. I felt the rush of excitement through my body and promptly stepped into the lavish view. I looked around the peaceful, natural village around me. There were people, whom traded with each other, helped each other, given gifts to each other -

For a slight moment I had realised this Spiritual and Holy place. The thoughts in my head whirled continuously. I glanced interestedly around the land. “This has to be heaven…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!