You Suck, Just Like Life

I slunk back down the wall. I folded my arms over my knees, and buried my head deep.
*You suck. You’re awful. Why did you have to do this to me?*
You walk up to me and smile. Just like before. Before you had hurt me. But now, I can see behind all of that. Behind that smile… that laugh… those eyes. I can see the real devil inside of you. But nobody else can. They see a prince. I had seen that once. Before now.
"Go away. Leave me alone.*
You attempt to hug me, but I jerk away. *Don’t touch me.* “I’m sorry, Cherie. I didn't mean to hurt you. I-I didn't know.” They were all just empty words to me. I ignore you because you did know. You were laughing, telling all your friends how stupid I am, how I deserve some dopey nose-picker guy. You said many other horrible things about me too. You did know. You just didn't know I was there, listening. When you had done ranting on about me, you turned around and saw me running out the door, tears running down my face. You called my name and ran after me, until I reached this wall. It’s amongst the trees and marks the border of our school. It’s the one I’m sitting against now. With my arms folded over my knees, and my head buried deep.
You leave, after trying to cover up your ‘mistakes’. Well that’s what you called them. I don’t think that quite matches up with what you did. They’re more like what I call them: your ‘fiendish confessions’. Because that’s exactly what they are. So I sit alone. Unwanted. Unloved.
I stay there for seconds…minutes…hours…days. People visit me at my wall. They try to encourage me to get up. They bring me food and drinks, pleading me to drink and eat them. Every day and night they come, hoping to take me away while I’m sleeping. But I don’t sleep. They all beg me to move on, continue with life. But I had been through too much. I had been bullied, teased, bashed… and now this. I can’t take it anymore. I won’t go on. I can’t. I’m too weak.
I wish it would all just end. I’m sick of this cruel world. The cruel people. I hate everyone. I’m done. I want to leave this world. Forever.
I’m lost in the world of depression. Dying slowly inside. I gradually drop to the floor, and my body goes limp.
Peace, at last.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!