Quivery Zinglis

Beep, beep. Quivery Zinglis’s alarm went off. As she sat up she remembered that today was her first day at her new school. Quivery was 12 and she had recently moved to Soulfield. She didn't mind moving as she had no friends back at her old place, Lapford.
Quivery was shy and quiet. She hardly talked to anyone. As she went out to the kitchen, her mother, Tiffany, said hello in a cheerful voice as always. Quivery and her mother were very different. Quivery was shy, quiet and nervous, while her mother was always happy and cheerful, saying hello to everyone she met! Quivery ate breakfast, though it was hard to finish her bowl of porridge because she was too nervous. she felt as though she might be sick as she hopped in the car. She hoped and prayed that her first day at school would be okay.
The morning school bell had just gone, but Quivery couldn't find her class.Finally she spotted it and ran into the room then stopped. Everyone looked at her. She turned bright red when all the children laughed at her. Quivery quickly sat down in one of the spare seats.
For the rest of the day, people would whisper about her and laugh. Quivery didn't enjoy being the centre of attention! She would try and hide or speed away whenever someone walked past.
When Quivery got home, she sat against the willow tree in her back garden. That was the only thing she liked about her new house. She would often find herself sitting, just daydreaming.
The next day the same story was going on about Quivery. But as she was walking to class, luckily without getting lost, Quivery spotted a girl following her. She was confused. Why was this girl following her?
After school, as Quivery was walking home, she saw the same girl again following her. Before she had time to run off, the girl came up from behind. “What’s your name?” She asked. Quivery hesitated. “Quivery.” she answered very quietly. Now why is this girl talking to me? Quivery thought.
For the rest of the walk home, the girl followed her. Finally she said, “Hi, I'm Carly. I'm sorry I'm following you but you looked so lonely I thought you might want some company. Will you be my friend?” Quivery was shocked. No one ever wanted to be her friend!
“Hey!” Carly tried again, “Can we please be friends?” Quivery didn't want to talk to Carly but there was something special about her. Before she could stop herself, Quivery let out a small yes. “Yay!” Carly said. “ I'm going to call you Quiv.” That made Quivery smile. Maybe Carly could get Quiv to be more confident.
Within a few days, Carly and Quivery new everything about each other. They were best friends! Carly had made Quiv more confident and Quivery had shown Carly her special willow tree. From that day on, Quivery didn't get teased and she was never shy or quiet and stood up for herself. She had come along way!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!