Dark Rose

Dark Rose by Chelsea Caporale
Long time ago, lived a girl named Jazz. Jazz was liked by everyone. She was a bright, friendly and funny girl. That’s why she was always popular. If you met her you would always find her smiling. She had blond hair and hazel eyes.
One bright, sunny day Jazz and her family were going to Los Angeles. They were travelling by plane. Jazz and her family hopped on the plane and the plane left the runway. Jazz gazed outside the window. She could see a floor of fluffy white clouds below her. Everything was going fine until there was a loud terrible squeaking noise.....
“Just ignore that. Nothing’s wrong,” explained the pilot.
Suddenly there was also a beeping noise and a red flashing light.
“Attention! There is something wrong with the engine,” warned the pilot. We’ll have to jump off the plane!”
Jazz was first to jump. She stood there for a while and then she jumped right off the plane.
“Why aren’t you jumping?” asked Jazz while she was falling.
THUD, SPLASH and BOOM. Jazz landed in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Jazz knew she was sadly being abandoned. Jazz had remembered that she couldn’t swim. Oh no, she was drowning! Jazz had a little blackout. When she woke up she saw a dolphin. Jazz took a grip of the dolphin and when she did the dolphin raced to an island. She looked around the island with the dolphin in the water. There was no one on the island apart from some wild friendly animals. Jazz decided to stay on the island for awhile. Anyway she had no other choice.
A few days later from the corner of her eye she saw a dark rose connected to a long vine. Suddenly she found herself drawn to it. She picked it off the stem. And that’s when she found herself surrounded by black dust in the shape of a tornado. Her beautiful blond hair turned black. Her feet were lifted off the floor…blackout!
When she opened her eyes she thought, “I have to stop having these blackouts.”
Then she noticed that there was another girl. Jazz looked closer and saw that her lips were blue.
“Hi my name is Willow. I’m your long lost sister. You will need to be trained by me.”
“Whatever for?” asked Jazz surprised.
“For war!” replied Willow.
“WHAT?” asked Jazz amazed.
“Haven’t you heard the Rose Queen is dying?! SHE DIES ALL DIE ! Anyway let’s start by your powers.”
“Powers?”
“Arg ! What rose did you pick?” asked Willow.
“A black one,” mumbled Jazz. “Anyway take me to this island.”
“ Sure!” Willow teleported Jazz to the island. Willow and Jazz placed the rose on the floor. Jazz picked it up and said a spell in her mind. The rose soon became a part of Jazz. Her eyes became black, black as the night sky.
“You’re trained,” explained Willow.
“But I haven’t even done anything yet!” Jazz answered.
“Yes you have, you created a spell,” Willow replied.
Willow teleported Jazz to the place where the war was about to happen. It was a dry, hot and sandy field. The Rose Queen was sitting on her horse. Rose did not look well.
BANG ! That meant the war was starting. Jazz was so scared she turned invisible…
“STOP !” yelled the Queen. “I feel better. YOU!” commanded the Queen turning to Jazz.
“ME ?” asked Jazz in amazement.
“You’re the one who made me feel better,” remarked the Rose Queen.
“But how?”I asked in wonder.
“You made your power work. All I needed was everyone’s power to work.
All the fighters returned to the island. They all lived on the island together in peace.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!