THAT DAY...

It’s a typical Friday, I walk into school and everyone is going ballistic! I go to put my heavy bag down into my locker, I then get trampled on by my psycho friends, when I finally get up Kenzie starts telling me about how her 2 dogs caught a frog with only 1 eye, Montana is so excited to tell me about the new episode of Pretty Little Liars, and the rest of the girls are thrilled because it’s Friday. As I am talking Anthony and Lachlan sneak behind me and greet me with a scare, which makes me scream. It’s exactly 8:50am and the bell begins to play, the senior community heads off crazily to their classrooms.

SCG greets Ms Gleeson with a loud clap, which draws everyone’s attention to our classroom. The class gets their books for the first lesson math’s we are learning about fractions and decimals YAY…NOT. Suddenly everyone stops as Ms Stapleton’s voice echoes over the speaker, “Mr Lock at back gate I repeat Mr Lock at back gate”. We continue on with our lesson, but everyone is unsettled, Ms Gleeson puts down the blinds and locks the doors, everyone’s yelling, “who is Mr Lock?” Ms Stapleton says again “Mr Lock moving towards prep playground”. We all make our way to the quiet room, quickly and quietly; Montana squeezes my hand so tight I loose blood circulation.

I look around and everyone’s faces look worried and pale, we see teachers running around in bright yellow and orange jackets and red warden bags. I think to myself won’t that attract him more? Ms Gleeson tells us to get down, the whole school is quiet. I see the man as he strolls down the school, he is wearing black clothes, has black shaggy hair, dark coloured skin and he seems to be in his late thirties. I look behind me, Noah, Jack and Dakota are staring down at the ground, I then look at Ms Gleeson and she looks very worried. Suddenly I hear a single gunshot a man yells and screams.

My mind is racing round in circles. The man moves towards the senior area again, staring at his shiny black shotgun. I close my eyes and think to myself it’s only a dream, I open my eyes again but it’s reality, this is actually happening. He yells out loud “I am the last person you’ll ever see!” I keep staring down at the hard solid ground; I stroke my long brown hair. A single tear falls down my cheek. I squint my eyes as he points the gun at the opposite room and “BANG…All gone those innocent people, special friends. The unknown man moves towards us slowly. I hear him yell and scream again, he opens the door and I hear 5 continuous gunshots and the last one hits me, all my family and friends I have known and loved, unforgettable memories I have lived, and now they are all gone…




By Shanae Portelli

Year 6
Stella Maris
Point Cook West

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!