Quest Of The Dreamix

There once was a farm girl called Jasmine. She lived in a poor town with her parents and a Siamese kitten, “Sweets”. Because of drought and a recent bushfire, they had barely anything to eat. Jasmine wished she could have a better life.
One night on a full moon, Sweets began to speak! “Tonight, stay awake for as long as you can.” Jasmine was amazed! Her cat had actually SPOKEN! That night, Jasmine did not sleep. Then, Sweets appeared and said to her, “A magical box lies outside…”
Jasmine put on her worn dressing gown and slowly crept outside to find a parcel saying, THIS WAY UP: LIVE ANIMAL. Inside was a butterfly. “I’m a magical butterfly and I’ll lead you to the Dreamix!” What in the world is a Dreamix?! Jasmine thought. The butterfly seemed to read her mind. “A Dreamix is a mystical bird that makes dreams come true! It's part dragon and part phoenix.” The butterfly flew out of the box and transformed to a giant size. Jasmine and Sweets climbed onto the butterfly and they took off.
They landed in a clearing in the middle of a forest where the butterfly smiled and said, “I will leave you here. Remember, this is only the start of your quest.” And she fluttered up into the starry sky.
“You have been set on a quest to find me, but I’m not showing myself yet. Your clue is in the clover patch.” Jasmine’s heart raced. It was the Dreamix!!! The clover patch, where's that? Jasmine thought. Sweets led the way, sniffing excitedly and purring.
"Look!" Sweets said triumphantly holding up a piece of tree bark. It said, "gniraelc eht ta em teem". Double what! Jasmine thought. Hang on a minute. It looks like a code! She scribbled down some words. They were backwards! She smiled admiring her work. It now said, "meet me at the clearing".
At the clearing, stood the most magnificent creature she had ever seen. It was breathing out puffs of smoke and it had not talons, but the scaly legs of a dragon. What made it part phoenix was obvious. It had shimmering golden feathers and an amazing beak.
"Well done! You have found me!” The Dreamix declared. "How will you help us Dreamix?" asked Jasmine. "I can't tell you that, but I can show you when we get back," the Dreamix said with a glint in her eyes.
When they got back, the Dreamix chanted some words and flapped her wings. There was a blinding flash! When Jasmine opened her eyes, her town was now lush like the forest she had been to that night. Jasmine looked down. She was wearing a sparkly pink dress and lilac shoes. Sweets had a pretty purple collar with a star.
Jasmine and Sweets twirled round and round and fell down giggling. That night there was a big storm. All the rivers and lakes filled with water once more. After that there was plenty of food for everyone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!