Reality Is Real

A scent of terror roamed the school halls,
the acquitted students trembled as study papers coasted the air.
They had been dreading this day for years;
their faces read anxiety, sleep-deprivation and alarm.
The bell rang and they filed into the school hall, each sitting in the chair which marked their name.
‘Now, you’ll have two hours to complete this exam,’ the Mathematics coordinator confidently indicated.
My eyes trailed off to the ticking time bomb,
disguised itself as a clock.
I strapped myself into this chair,
slowly closing my eyes in relief.
I saw another world, one which there was no concerns, no doubts and certainly no math exam.
I freed my restrained arms and soared, I flew high, higher than I had ever been.
I do not want to get back to reality, this is where I belong.
Then out of the sky, I hear the words, '5 more minutes and times up!'
I snap back to reality and look down at my blank first page, what have I done?!
I answered all I could, however I needed more time.
REALity is real.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!