Quest For Popularity

One evening, the night before high school a girl named Adelaide Brooks was busy packing her bag and mix-matching outfits when her mum came in saying that Cathy Davis (her best friend) couldn't catch the bus with her tomorrow. I was heartbroken, it will be the first day into high school and I have to catch the loser bus with no friends. finally the dreaded day arrived and I caught the bus. when I got on I slipped and all my books fell out. A boy about my age came in and helped me pick up my books. his name was Jacob Cunning, he has short blonde hair and ripped blue jeans. he invited me to sit with him on the bus and if I don't find any friends at lunch. it turned out that his parents just bought the house around the corner, we actually had a lot in interest. when we arrived both Jacob and I had math. Just that second I forgot to meet Cathy by the old oak tree, I looked to the oak tree and saw Cathy, Mellissa, Bridget, and Brook. I always new Cathy wanted to be a pop but I never thought she would ditch me to become one. I walked into math when I saw a friendly looking face with a spare chair next to it and Jacob on the other side. so I thought that would be the perfect place to sit.as I sat down the girl next to me introduced herself and asked me to sit with her at lunch. I said to her that I will have to see because I had been invited to sit with a couple other people. "ah who else are you considering to sit with" she asked. "Jacob Cunning" I replied "ha-ha"", "what's so funny" "Jacob cunning is my brother". just as we were talking our lunch bell rang. Jacob and Lora showed me where they sat and I met a couple other people who were nice as well. DAYS AND WEEKS PASSED Cathy had made it clear that we weren't friends. as time passed I met more and more people, not snobby people nice people. that very same day class president campaigning programs started. all my friends thought I should run so I did. and guess who else decided to run Cathy. Jacob was also running along with another boy called Leon. I stayed up late the night before election on the phone to Lora writing my campaign speech. when I woke up in the morning I was pretty proud of my speech. me and the rest of the gang met up at school 15min earlier at school so we could practise for the speech. the speech was in middle session and the voting/election was in the afternoon. I had English first then lunch then the campaigners speech. I was second after Cathy's speech and horrible bribes. my speech said " dear students and staff I'm not asking you to vote for me, but I do ask you to consider it and not to hand it over to the popular controllers who will waist the schools money on parties,fairs,fates. and a few other things". by the end of the day we were all sitting in the hall waiting for the results. THE WINNER ARE: Jacob Cunning, Adelaide Brooks. there was a buzz around the whole hall. just before the home bell rang Jacob and I had to make a speech. then we went outside ready to walk home when Cathy ran up to me and asked if we could be friends again, but I knew why so I said NO.
THE END
BY ALANA GILBERT

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!