Voodoo Viking

Once upon a time there was a young viking called Fishlegs who was the smallest vikinig ever known. He was a smart lad but the most easily frightened viking of all time. He had long red hair with lots of freckles. He was really slim because he doesn’t eat much and thinks hunting is a sin.
One day he was wandering across a frozen lake called “Lake of Doom” because they said a sea monster lives there, but anyway back to the story, he was walking and the ice started to crack. Fishlegs was really scared because of the legend of the “Giant Sea Monster”. At first he started to run, but then a little creature the size of a mouse slid up through the tiny little crack. Fishlegs was a very kind lad and started speaking to it. “Hey there little cutie wooty, why you’re not so scary after all!” Then the little creature opened its jaws and Fishlegs said, “Why what big teeth you have.”
Then the creature amazingly turned its fins into little legs. Fishlegs thought this can’t be good so he started to back away slowly. The creature stood there for a moment then it started to chase Fishlegs, so he started to run. He said to himself, ‘Why run when I can fight.’ So he stopped running and waited for the creature to come closer. When it was in range Fishlegs gave it a mighty boot in the face and it was hurled into the air like a miniature rocket.
Fishlegs was so happy he started to stride back to his tribe and tell them the great news that he had exterminated the dangerous sea monster of the “Lake of Doom.” As he was walking home he met his friend Mindless. “Hi” said Fishlegs. “Oh hi” he replied. “What are you doing?” asked Mindless. “Nothing much, I just defeated the dangerous monster from the Lake of Doom.” “Oh, ok” he replied thoughtlessly.
As Fishlegs strode along he didn’t notice he was being followed by another 100 little sea monsters. It was a long way home, he had to walk through the land of the polar bears, over the great snowy alps and then a 60km walk over the great lake of frozen ice. He wasn’t that scared because there were no sea monsters under 3 metres of ice. He eventually got home and couldn’t wait to tell the news.
Oddly there was no one home. They were all in their houses. “I destroyed the sea monster from the Lake of doom!” Suddenly everyone came out and said “What about the other 100 monsters!” yelled someone. “Not again” said Fishlegs. In one moment Fishlegs yelled, “take this you evil little cockroaches, ching, wang, hong, we arrrrrgggghhh!!!!
There was a moment silence, and then “Let’s go Fishlegs, let’s go!!” “The dweeb defeated the great monsters from the Lake of Doom. Yah!”
In the end Fishlegs became the great Voodoo viking the legend says.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!