Rainbow Cove

‘Are we there yet?’ moaned Amy. ‘No, not yet,’ mother answered. Amy looked out of the car door miserably, her blonde hair shone in the shining sun. She got her note pad and pen and flipped the dirty cover open, then wrote:

‘It’s 1:00pm and I’ve been sitting in my four wheel drive for four hours now and it’s driving my sister and I bananas! Mother said we could be at Rainbow Cove in twenty minutes but I don’t believe her. This holiday was supposed to a relaxing three days in a hotel beside a beautiful crystal blue lake… just what a family of three needs (my sister Jasmine, my mother Gabrielle and last but not least, me, Amy).”

Amy put the pen down and she though anxiously in her head of what she was going to do first when she got to Rainbow Cove. Before she could start thinking, Jasmine shouted, ‘We’re here at Rainbow Cove!’ Everyone looked out the window at the distant white toped mountain, the sparkly sight of a gorgeous lake and then the tall, brink buildings of Rainbow Cove.

With what seemed like ages, the car came to a halt. Amy picked up her luggage from the seat beside her and opened the car door then stepped out. Amy walked past the back of the car and followed her mum to the brown, run-down door of the hotel. Once everyone was inside, Amy shut the door and dropped her things on the dirty ground. She decided to hat the hay (go to bed). It had been a long day’s travel.

Amy woke next morning, not too late and not too early. She decided to go down to the lake, to refresh her. So, she got her swimming bag and packed goggles and a towel. Then she got into her blue bathers and flung herself out the door.

When Amy got to the lake, she got her goggles out of her bad, snapped them onto her freckled face and dived into the water, Her short blond hair swirled in the water as she swam deeper into the depths of the lake until finally, she decided to go up and get a breath. Amy swam to the top of the water to see a blue sparkly tail then a body of a woman and long blonde hair. The woman smiled and put out her white hand. In it, was a gold locket. Amy was flabbergasted. The woman put the locket around Amy’s neck and said, ‘remember and protect this locket and it will protect you.’ Amy then responded, ‘I will’. The woman nodded and then dived, head first, into the water.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!