The Fire People


Chapter 1
Lufer sprinted through the forest her long golden hair trailing behind her as smoke filled the air; she looked behind her at the burning city of Arvadine. It seemed nobody was following her but she could never be sure, she turned. An arm grabbed her torn jumper before the arm moved up to her neck. Lufer immediately knew who it was from the tingle on her neck. Then it started to blister soon she was running out of air. She pulled on the arm burning her hands, struggling for air just when she thought her life was over the arm went limp and cooled. Lufer fell to her knees gasping for air then turned around to see an arrow in his back then she saw Hife the leader of Arvadine. “Thank you, I owe you my life,” Lufer said panting. Hife was about to reply when he a rope was cast over him and dragged him away. She had to follow them to wherever they were going it looked like they were headed for the Town Hall. Although she tried to keep up she soon was gasping again, but just when she thought things couldn’t get any worse Lufer heard a guard on the carriage say “So what are we doing with this one?” “The usual” replied another. Oh no, straight away Lufer knew what were talking about. Hife would be dragged to the Town Square to be whipped to death.

Chapter 2

When she finally got there Hife was already unconscious and slumped, the only thing holding him up were the ropes around his wrists tied to a wooden stock. His body was covered in gashes and blood. It seemed that other people had seen the cart to because almost the whole town was there to lash after lash Lufer watched the man who looked after her family and saved her life only an hour before die, finally the guards stepped back and Hife’s body dragged away to be put on display back in the places that they rule. Then Aresdof the leader of the Fire People came out and spoke into the microphone “Your ruler has been whipped to death your defences have been breached and your army defeated. You shall now bow to the Fire People and be taken captive forever!” said Aresdof adding an evil cackle at the end. He then threw the flaming torch he held into the great hall setting it alight to build an even bigger army, you see Fire People are out of flames, there is not a drop of human blood in their body’s not a single care about the thing they destroy including lives of people, everybody queued up to be locked in cells those who tried to escape got bullet through the head.

Chapter 3
250 years later
“Mmmmm smoke is there anything better” Aresdof whispered to himself, he looked down from the balcony to see the burning cities. “Yes, yes now everythings mine!” "Ha Ha Ha" he laughed. Suddenly there was a bang then an explosion there were humans coming out from under ground. Aresdof lay dead on the ground. The revelution had begun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!