Under The Bed

I ran under the small bed with its perfect pink doona cover. Laughing at myself, thinking how funny I was I rolled onto my back until I was perfectly in the centre. The carpet was scratchy yet soft under my small, warm body. The room smelt of old people; talcum powder mixed with mothballs. I could hear my grandfather’s steps coming towards the room I was hiding in. “Georgia…” he called my name. He walked into the room and I could see his brown leather shoes standing at the foot of the bed. I laughed again and put my hand over my mouth so that he wouldn’t hear my small, childish giggle. “Dinner’s ready…” He called, before quickly leaving the room to search another. I crawled out from underneath the bed and sniffed the air, trying to determine what I would be feasting on; chicken, I could virtually taste it. My eyes travelled out the glass window, seeking the comfort of the stars that shone bright. I turned around and ran to the kitchen, smiling at my grandad. “Where were you?” he asked. “Under the bed.” I laughed, sitting down at the dinner table.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!