I Promise To You

I think Phil was asleep. It was hard to tell - his breaths stayed the same, asleep and awake. I turn over so that I now face him, and yes he is definitely asleep. We don’t usually sleep in the same bed; I think he fell asleep in here when we were watching Deathnote. We watch T.V together in bed, it’s so... comforting.

I remember when he read me to sleep every night - children’s books. His voice soothed me, and I loved it when he made special sound effects to enhance the story. It made me love him even more - but he can’t know that, not for now, anyway.

I remember when he barely knew me - and we only hung out because of PJ and Chris. We’ve both separated into pairs now - and our fans are even shipping us. How ironic. Little did they know that what they accepted as headcanon truly would be canon soon. Well, if I went through with it.

My head had moved to gently rest on chest, and I still don’t think he’s awake. I wish he was, I want him to nuzzle up to me, to tell me he loves me back.

-

“...Dan?” Phil sounds a bit confused.

“Yes?” I respond, happier than usual.

“Why is your head on my chest?” He asks, truly confused.

“Oh... sorry I’ll get off.” I say, sad he doesn’t like it.

“NO! I mean, erm... keep it there. I’m enjoying it.” He says, initially embarrassed by his reaction.

I don’t respond this time, and just nuzzle closer to him. I put my arm over his stomach, and stroke his chest. He was so warm, even though it was incredibly cold in here.

My phone’s alarm went off, but I didn’t want to move. Phil tapped the tip of my nose, and evidently that was a signal for me to get up.

“But, Phil...! I don’t wanna move.” I whine to him, and my voice was a little more high pitched.

“Take the day off, babe.” Did he just... call me babe. My heart exploded with feelings for him, and I can’t hold it in any more.

“Phil - I need to tell you something...” I say, a normal male tone, but a little more quiet. He doesn’t respond, but I feel his head nodding up and down. I can hear his hair rubbing against the bed board, friction.

“I...” I trail off, I am questioning how to say it. “I think I love you, Phil. There. I said it.” I am filled with relief, though I worry if he’ll laugh at me.

He doesn’t laugh though. He turns down to look at me and says, “Dan.. I love you too.”

Suddenly, nothing else in the world matters. It’s just me and Phil. Phil and I. Words cannot explain the joy I feel - he just told me he loves me, for God’s sake!

“But, Dan, one thing.” He phrases it in a way that isn’t quite a question - but I have to respond.

“Yes, Phil?”

“Do you promise you’ll never forget me?” The words come out strong and clear, but they mix in my mind.

“Phillip Lester,” I say his full name, “I promise.”

“Dan,” he doesn’t need my whole name, “I promise forever and beyond.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!