Sadman Or Superbman?

It was a bitter cold day and 'Sadman' as they all know him was a beggar doing what he does best to find food, yes, going through the rubbish in the dump. In his desperate search, the only food he found was a half-eaten rotten apple. Yep, this was the everyday life of Sadman.
He walked slowly as his bones were stiff and sore, no strength, no food, no home and no life. "Could life get any worst, just give me that hint of luck!" he yearned and yelled.
Crawling through the dumpster to find any goods, he saw something sparkle in the distance. On the pathway across he saw a lady walking away in anger talking to her friend about a divorce case. “I never want to see that man ever again!" She shouted while throwing something small into the dumpster.
For Sadman’s curiosity he looked around the pile of rubbish where the lady threw something. There in front of him, he saw a miracle,the sight that blew his mind!A gold ring right at his view, waiting to be picked up.
Quickly he ran to a nearby bank which he had never stepped foot in, not long after he found out that the ring was worth a whopping $6500! With that money he began a small clothes business, then got bigger and richer and owned a company.
Not long after he owned many company's around the world and became a millionaire! He soon got married to a rich and beautiful lady and was worldwide known as 'Superbman'.
As years rolled on, he found out the most unbelievable secret of his life... the lady he married was the lady who threw the ring away when he was a beggar.This was only the start to a new conclusion.
The End ?
This was the cheerful, coincidental, funny and bizarre tale of Sadman, a man whose life changed dramatically because of luck. The story of Sadman is a lesson to all of us, keep trying and never give up, it is then that you will success and find the hope you need to change your life. It doesn’t matter who you are, whether you’re young or old, black or white, short or tall, or even if your rich or poor, you have the same luck and ability to do anything you want as anyone else. You can do whatever you want and be whatever you want if you chose to do the right this and believe in yourself. Find the truth in our life! Where will it lead you? What will it change? What are you destined to do and be? What challenges will you face? Will you success and reach your goal? Are you prepared for a new beginning in your life? Now it is your turn, all I have to say to you is … Good luck!
Written by Udari Munasinghe Yr 9, Brisbane State High School
Thank you for reading and I hope you found my story interesting …

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!