I Thought I Knew

I thought I knew, I thought I knew who he was. The boy I fell for, the boy who made me laugh and smile, the boy who never got mad and the boy who I thought was absolutely perfect. But I was wrong, he was none of those things. He was something much worse....he was my sister's killer.

My family and I had just moved from Australia to the United States because of my dad's job. We were all one big happy family, they're was my dad, my mum, my brother Shaun, my sister April and I Victoria (tori). I was the youngest. We were moving to Los Angeles, California. I was so excited and so were my family. My brother and sister were starting at a new high school and I was starting at a new middle school.

After the movers came and set everything up in our house, we sat down and had our first family dinner. After wards Shaun, April and I went for a walk around our new neighbourhood. We ran into some girls my age and I introduced myself and just like that we were friends and they said they would show me around more, so I decided to go with them. U

They're was Rosie, Carmen, Lilly and Tessa. They took me to a park which had more people my age. Then I saw him, the one who I thought was perfect. He came over and introduced himself to me, he said "hello my name is Jake and you look like a very nice girl". I told him my name and blushed a little. We decided to go for a walk to the swing set to get to know more about each other.I instantly fell for him. Like I said earlier he made me smile and laugh, he never got made and was just plain perfect. I told him everything and he told me everything even though we just met I thought I could trust him straight away. I told him that our family was a bit on the wealthy side and about my dad's job, I told him everything.

I left him there because my dad said I had to come home, but that was okay he said he would see me tomorrow at school. I got home and my family and I decided to play a game of cards. Then we heard a knock on the door, we all thought it was a bit unusual that someone was knocking at ten o'clock at night. My dad went and answered the door but he didn't come back for awhile. We were all starting to get worried, but then we heard footsteps but they're was more then one person, they're was two. My dad then walked around the corner with a gun pointed at his head. We all gasp in shock, Jake then Walked around the corner, the boy with the gun.

He tied us all up at gunpoint and said that he wanted our money. Then I realised that I had told him about our money. I felt so stupid to fall for a guy instantly and tell him everything, it was all my fault. My dad refused to give to him, but jake said that if he doesn't he will choose someone to kill. My dad still refused. So jake held the gun up and just waved it at everyone at us, then we all heard a big BANG..........April was dead, and it was all my fault. I couldn't help but cry when the police took jake away. I thought I knew him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!