Ocean Dreaming

There once was a boy, whose name was not known. He lived away from cities and towns, in the great unknown. He was forever searching for something that was not known to him. He would wonder; is it the stars I am searching for? Is it the ocean blue? Or is it not something, just someone.
He would wonder the great plains of the unknown for many days on end, just searching. He never met anyone or any animals, just lonely forests and the end of the day.
Each time he went to sleep he would dream of a soft blue ocean under the night sky, dotted with glowing sand. No moon was in sight. He would see a woman, standing in the middle of the water. He would see her white dress and blonde hair swaying in the breeze. He would wake up whenever he took a step towards her.
For many nights he would wonder if the dream meant anything, but he could never find in his mind what it truly meant.
One night, he was sitting under an oak tree staring at the pale mystery of the moon, it came to him. The woman must have what he had been searching for all of these long years.
Once he had realised he searched for long days and weeks without sleep. After searching he lay down and rested, then fell asleep.
He dreamed the same dream he always dreamt. Although this time, he could take another step, further than he had ever been. He woke up began wandering; how could I have taken another step? He went back to sleep and took another step further.
Each night he took a step further to the woman. Finally when he was about to reach out and touch her he woke up. But this time when he woke up, he was in the great blue with the woman's eyes staring softly into his. She reached for his hand and her smooth skin touched his. They smiled together and waded further into the ocean.
The woman was the boy's mother, he had found what he was looking for. He now had everything he could ever had and lived forever in peace with his mother.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!