Mango

He was gone. The Father Bear searched frantically. He rushed into the bedroom, pulling the wardrobe door open. No…he wasn’t there. He threw the covers off the bed but he wasn’t in there either. He sprinted to the bathroom. He looked in the cupboards but he wasn’t in there. Father Bear looked everywhere in the house while mother bear was looking in the forest but he was still missing. Mother Bear said "He’s vanished. Mango has gone. What’s the use?”
“I’m not going to give up. It is our son out there,” father bear said angrily.
“Yeah, I guess I will keep looking,” said mother bear. “What should we do?”
“I…I don’t know mother bear. I don’t know.” They were both thinking, and, suddenly, looking at each other, they smiled, almost certain that the idea they had each come up with would work. Together they said “Call the Hunting Dog Rescue!”
After only a short time the Hunting Dog Rescue turned up and the boss of them, Biscuit, said “How may we help you?”
“Our son. Our son has gone missing,” Father Bear said in a worried voice.
“We shall help you as much as possible,” said the Hunting Dog Rescue.
The hunting dogs went outside to think and, at that moment they saw a zoo transport truck and heard a voice call “Mummy! Daddy!” They knew it was Mango. They had to figure out what to do.
“I know what to do,” said the Hunting Dog Rescue. “We could break in and find the keys and bring Mango home.”
“It sounds so easy,” said Mother Bear.
“Oh trust me dear, it is not that easy. It is very difficult. What will we do?” said Father Bear.
“I will go through what we will do. We will take Father Bear and together we will find the key. After that Father Bear will lead Mother Bear to Mango and we will meet you there and unlock the cage and you can take Mango home. We will go tomorrow night after we get some rest.”
“But tomorrow night is too late!”
“Do you want us to help you or not. It’s too dangerous tonight because when there is a new animal they guard the zoo all night. Tomorrow there won’t be a new animal so there won’t be any guards.” said the Hunting Dog Rescue.
“Of course,” said Father Bear.
When the time came and they were at the zoo they tried to find the keys. “Father Bear, you look under the notice board and I will look in the drawers,” said Biscuit, but the keys weren’t there. Then they both looked under the desk and they were there.
“What way do we go?” asked Father Bear.
“Um, I forget!” said the Hunting Dog Rescue.
“I know,” said Father Bear, and he found the way. “Oh Mango, I missed you… and who’s your little friend?”
“Her name is Marmalade,” said Mango with a smile, and they all crept home to safety.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!