Aliens

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

The aliens had spread across almost the whole world in a couple of months, those the aliens hadn’t captured sat in fear on small islands, alone, isolated and fresh out of luck. We watched as they decended from the sky in gigantic metal tube shaped objects with a point at the tip, flashing lights and loud sounds. When they first had walked out of the machine we all screamed in horror, their bodies were made of white crinkly skin and their heads were big black, gaping holes, so shiny and black that we could see our own reflections in them, but the scariest thing was the way they walked. They stumbled about with their long white crinkly leg like things that bent crooked at the middle. The lucky ones fled with their families but the curious were captured, shoved into cages and taken aboard the machine. My family was lucky to escape but I was not, I was taken aboard the machine with flashing lights, louds sounds and a pointed tip in a small cage and thrown in a corner. Next to me dozens of cages were filled with my people. I looked out a window to see my planet, my home and my family drifting away in a big round ball. I looked over at the aliens, about to scream at them when one of the put his hands to his head and started to pull, no, no, no, this was something I didn't want to see. There was a small rush of air and he pulled his head off. I screamed in horror at the sight, for underneath his head was another, it was roundish shaped with two eyes, one nose and one mouth! It even had long stringy bits the colour of dirt coming from the top. I gasped at the sight of the creatures, the ones that called themselves the Humans.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!