Darkness Comes

By Tomas Petkovich
6th of the 2nd 2014
Newington College


DARKNESS COMES
There is a dead sheep lying on the old, dry looking grass with suspiciously loud flies buzzing around the black and damp nostrils of the mammal.

Suddenly a man with a gun in his right hand, a red long sleeve buttoned up t-shirt, long denom jeans, and a beard is running as fast as he can with a fast and scary drum beat in the background, towards an old run down wooden cabin in the far distance, he looks back with his nervous, scared, de stressed and de straught face and sees the sun closing down on him, he looks straight ahead and runs even faster knowing that DARKNESS IS COMING.

The man tumbles into the cabin and shuts the door behind himself with all the strength he has left, he sits back and takes a dead breath, he then looks through one of the very many cracks in the old wooden door but then looks straight back down as soon as he sees the light fade away.

The distressed man is siting on the old wooden floors huffing and puffing whilst looking around the old cramped room to see what is around, he sees a pile of rope in the corner of the room, he walks stumbles over to the pile of rope and starts tying it around his body, almost like he is trying to stop what is inside of him.

After tying his legs and arms with rope he sits on the old squeaky bed and starts scoffing dog food down his throat like there is some sort of human beast inside of him is forcing him do it, even though it has an agonising taste.

The tired man stumbles back over to the wall and sits down and takes a deep breath and takes a second to close his eyes to absorb what the real issue is, he slowly and statutorily takes a small picture out of his pocket and stars at it in de straught , there is his wife daughter and himself in the picture, he starts crying and says sorry to the picture, the crying then points the shotgun to his head getting ready to commit SUICIDE, but before he could do anything he is viciously pulled back out of the wooden hut out into the dark open grass field and is turned into a humongous meat eating terrifying WER-WOLF.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!